Hi, Church Family,
If you’re like me, you’re looking forward to getting back together on Sunday as a church family. We’ve all learned from online church, but nothing replaces actually being together. With that in mind, here’s the plan for restarting services at the church.
But first, I’d like to remind everyone of two guiding principles as we look to reopen —
• Keep in mind there are many different views on this situation, and many people are hurting as a result of the virus. Please be extra patient with one another.
• Scripture tells us to obey our government authorities (Rom 13:1-7; 1 Peter 2:13-15). Therefore this plan tries to keep in mind Federal, State, and County guidelines.
So, how are we going to reopen? Here’s what we’ll do –
• In-Person services will resume Sunday, June 7, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. Initially we’ll only have morning worship. No Sunday School or nursery will be held.
• Morning Worship will be live streamed so you can join the service by computer or phone, just like we’ve done for the past several weeks.
• If you are uncomfortable coming to church for any reason, we understand and it’s ok. Feel free to stay home and join by computer or phone.
• If you feel sick at all, please stay home and join us online by computer or phone.
• When you come to worship, please be considerate of others and wear a mask. You may not feel it is necessary, and I understand your position. Others do feel it is necessary, and I likewise understand that position. So in the interest of harmony in the church body, let’s plan on wearing masks if possible. Kathy and I will do so. If you have toddlers or for some reason can’t wear a mask, come anyway.
• There is hand sanitizer at the church, but feel free to bring some with you.
• According to CDC guidance, the virus dies after hours to a few days. Therefore, since the church is closed during the week, the building should be virus free by the next week.
• The County has asked churches to keep a log of attendance in case there is a need for contact tracing. We will have a log sheet available for you to sign. Signature is strictly voluntary.
• We will practice social distancing in the church.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me. I’m looking forward to seeing you on June 7.